Talk:Fixed price repair terms and conditions
From Living Control
Martin, You may recall, we discussed a faulty CVXS. I have eventually collected the Living Control CVXS from the clients.
Before I have it shipped to you, I would like to clarify something.
When I got the CVXS back to the shop. I powered up the unit and the knight rider lights came on ? It did not do this at the clients and I had tested the fuses and power chord. When I powered the unit off and then back on, the unit did not do the knight rider lights ? If I leave the CVXS powered off for a time, when I power the unit up again, the knight rider lights activate ?! Is this normal because there maybe a small possibility that the power cable may have an intermittent fault ? This unit was originally sent back to you, a week after the original install displaying the same fault and returned with no fault found.
Your thoughts appreciated. --Peter taulli 15:22, 17 May 2011 (BST)
- It takes a while for the power to drain away when you power down the CVX so if you quickly re-power it you will not get the knight rider display as the unit has never actually shut down and re-started. Try it a few times, with the power off for a while and see if it ever fails to start.
- Apart from the startup display, what other problems are there with this unit. Martin Hogbin 22:47, 17 May 2011 (BST)
Martin, Apologies, I have miss informed you.... It's the other way around, so your explanation would confirm what i have been doing. I have done as you asked and the LED do the knight rider thing when turned on.
- I am sure that we can send you a connecting lead for test purposes. Do you have any history of the fault. When did it first occur and what was happening at the time? Martin Hogbin 11:05, 23 May 2011 (BST)
Faults witnessed. No image of any source chosen on the plasma screens but screens syncing to something and no blue led light lit on the CVXS when a zone activated with a video source.
I should have have brought back the connection cable between the Roombox6 and CVXS. I have a Roombox6 and a Musicbox still at the shop. I'll go with your best suggestion if i may. Send it back to you or purchase a connecting cabling from you and test here.
--Peter taulli 14:25, 18 May 2011 (BST)
- I am not sure what you want to do now. Martin Hogbin 23:40, 18 May 2011 (BST)
Martin, Would you suggest I send the unit back to you for your service people to test the unit or should I buy from you, the ribbon lead from a CVXS to a Roombox6. I left this lead behind with the system at the clients property. I have a Roombox6 and musicbox, so I could test it at the shop.
I ask this because this unit has been back to you once before with no fault found. I am concerned that I am looking in the wrong area for the fault. The clients are demanding and any time saved is beneficial.
I was going to send the unit back to you originally because I believed fault was the CVXS wouldn't power up....it does though..... --Peter taulli 13:53, 21 May 2011 (BST)
- I am sure that we can send you a connecting lead for test purposes. Do you have any history of the fault. When did it first occur and what was happening at the time? Martin Hogbin 11:06, 23 May 2011 (BST)